Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hair Expo Sydney 2011 – Finalists announced


Hair Expo is on again in Sydney on 11-13 June and the awards finalists were just announced. The full list of nominees is here.
I can’t see the hair collections up yet and that is one of my favourite parts. As part of their award submission, hairdressers submit six photographs. It’s a huge task to pull these shoots together and takes creative vision to stand out amongst the other entrants.
A few weeks ago I worked as an assistant to photographer Andrew O’Toole on a recent shoot in Sydney. He is behind the lens for so many award winning hair collections and it was great to see how he works. I have a few behind the scenes shots but can’t share them yet unfortunately.
So while I wait to see the 2011 collections I thought I’d post some highlights from 2010 Hairdresser of the Year and Photographic Collection of the Year – Shane Henning from Noddy’s on King.



Sarah Laidlaw won 2010 Session Hairstylist of the Year and her work is incredible. She’s amazing with a hairpiece and I love her style.


If you want to see more images (of course you do) head to the Hair Expo site.

No comments:

Post a Comment