Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oscarzzz

I love a good red carpet but I was so bored by the Oscars. I was watching them live on TV and at one point I actually switched over to Ready Steady Cook as the Bondi Vet was on. Yes, the Oscar’s ceremony was that dull.
As for my red carpet favourites, here are my top two:

Cate Blanchett 
Instyle predicted Michelle Williams would wear this dress and I would have loved to have seen her in it too. It’s an amazing Givenchy dress and I love everything about it – the structured sleeve, the beading, the open back, that yellow accent and the soft skirt. It’s a difficult colour but Cate proves she can wear anything.
At first I didn’t rate the hair but that’s wherein the trick lies - it is the simple style that works so well with this dress. It’s the gentle volume on the crown and how it looks so soft but is styled perfectly in place. Renya Xydis is responsible and if you have short hair you want to save this photo for reference.



Amy Adams 
Adore this colour against her creamy skin and red hair. It’s perfect for her colouring. Her dress is by L’Wren Scott. Love the cascading soft hair – it sits beautifully against the dress and has the right amount of volume. Now can we talk about the jewellery? Wow. Amazing emeralds and diamonds by Cartier that pop against the blue sequins. Who says blue and green must never be seen!


Special mention to Michelle Williams in an amazing Chanel gown. But I would have loves to have seen her in Cate’s dress...


Special unmention to Reese Witherspoon. That switch was wearing you. I loved the simplicity of the Armani Prive dress and I get where you were aiming but it just didn’t quite get there for me.

Who was your favourite on the Oscar’s red carpet this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment