Thursday, November 11, 2010

Elmers's Glue: the new Biore strip?

 When I was little, half the fun of any arts & crafts projects was the excuse to play with glue... 

While I was never one of those paste-eating kids, Elmers glue provided endless fascination to me. I loved how quickly it dried on the skin, and how when you peeled it off you could capture an imprint of every pore and hair follicle. It was incredible to my young mind that even though my skin looked so solid and flat, it was actually a wild landscape of tiny crevices, peaks and valleys. (Perhaps this was the first glimmer of my future skin fascination?)

Interestingly enough, Elmer's Glue has recently made it onto the radar of several do-it-yourselfers, as an excellent way to rid your skin, at home, of blackheads. This glue trick was featured on "The Doctors" (along with a quick way to get a peachy keen Vitamin C peel), where the glue was applied over the targeted areas (nose and chin), and when peeled off-- the blackheads come away with the glue! No muss, no fuss, plus the fun of playing with glue again. 

Although  I have never tried this, I am intrigued: this could potentially work on blackheads near the surface of your skin. Elmer's Glue can't do any damage to your skin, and it is an interesting way to remove blackheads yourself without mangling your skin through picking and squeezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment