Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Salon vs Supermarket Hair Products – What’s the difference?

I was chatting with a very good friend of mine during the week and she asked me what the difference is between shampoo from the hairdresser and buying a regular brand.

I thought the difference could be described in a similar comparison to skincare brands and how Dermalogica and other salon brands are usually better supermarket brands but that it depends on the product and on your skin. You need to find the right product that suits you.

Then I consulted the Follicle Oracle Rohan Strachan and he cleared things up. He said “Salon products use a higher percentage of cosmetic grade ingredients. Higher quality ingredients = higher quality product but it still comes down to the individual. You need to find the right product that suits your hair.”

We are so in tune.

So, should you buy the shampoo your hairdresser recommends or are you ok with the supermarket brand? Well, how’s your hair looking? Are you happy with it? This is the question you should be asking.

Personally, I use salon shampoos and love them but I also keep a cheapie product in my gym bag just in case I need to wash my hair. It’s salon most of the time and a cheap one for the occasional wash. I like Redken, Matrix and Evo.

What do you use? Do you have a favourite brand? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment