Friday, April 1, 2011

How to wear a turban

I have always admired turbans but wasn’t sure if I could wear one. Now I have two and I wonder how I ever got along with them!

Turbans are now a permanent fixture in my hat wardrobe and a must for bad hair days.

Turbans are like beanies for girls. Don’t get me wrong - I own two beanies and love them, but really have only worn them to football games. Turbans are more comfortable than beanies and infinitely more stylish. Case in point - I wore a turban to work today – Turbans 1 Beanies 0. 

Here’s how I wear my turbans.

Look number one – Winter turban
Turban from Sportsgirl $19.95

Look number two – evening turban
Turban from Sportsgirl $29.95 includes brooch


Look number three - "I vont to be alone darling!" turban
Turban from Sportgirl as above.

I had to try with all my hair up as it reminds me of glamourous actresses from the 30s and 40s. It’s untouchable, reserved glamour.
I love it.

You’re convinced and need to have one? Here’s my shopping guide:

Hair accessory
$48 - shopnastygal.com

Vintage shade
atelier-mayer.com

River Island printed hat
15 GBP - riverisland.com




So, are you going to wear a turban? How will you wear yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment