Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Strip me: Hair Detox

My hair looks dull!!!!! I have so much build up!!!!!!!!! My hair is like an oil spill!!!!!! Will I ever get rid of all this stuff on my hair?
Don't worry there is an easy and inexpensive solution to your problem. It gets even better, you can do it in the comfort of your home.
The next thing you'll be asking is "what will I need and how do I do it?"

Things you will need
Apple cider vinegar (sold in most supermarkets), spray bottle, towel, treatment (shower) cap, a bowl and 1 or 2 rubber bands.


Preparation of your hair
You don't need to shampoo your hair but I usually start by giving mine 2 to 3 shampoos. Reason being, I want to make sure that I can get my hair as clean as possible so that the vinegar can take off as much of the build up.

How much vinegar do I need?
I can't tell you exactly how much you will need but try to estimate base on the length and the condition of your hair.

Application
Pour the desired amount in the spray bottle and spray the vinegar on you hair.

You want to do his over a large bowl so that you can reuse the excess that drains from your hair. Once your entire hair is saturated with the vinegar, go ahead and put on the treatment (shower) cap over your hair. Add the towel around your head at the rim of the treatment cap and tighten using the rubber bands.

This will prevent the vinegar and build up from dripping all over you. You want to have the tie in the front as most of the vinegar will flow towards the back. Keep this in your hair for about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the condition of your hair.

30 to 40 minutes after
Rinse with warm water. You'll need to shampoo again as the vinegar stench is very overpowering. After, you can go ahead and deep condition your hair or just add your regular conditioner.

How often should I do this?
Again the answer to this question is it depends on how much build up you have on your hair. If you have a lot where when you squeeze your hair you can see the oil coming out, you may need to do it once a month for 3 months.


I must point out that the way we care for and the things we use on locks are different from that of natural hair. Locks are a magnet for build up. Its just something that we cannot avoid but we want to make sure its not from the products we use but from things beyond our control. I'll say this Barbies and Kens "DON'T USE WAX ON YOUR LOCKS IT MAKE THEM LOOK WACK". So be careful what you put on your locks.

I hope this was helpful. Thank you for reading and please remember to subscribe to follow me and or leave your comments.

Syn


No comments:

Post a Comment