Monday, January 17, 2011

Barbie of the Week: Monique

Meet Monique an Event Planner and fonder of M & U Entertainment in Tokyo, Japan. You can find Monique at http://www.manduentertainment.com.

Why locks?
Well to be truthful I was living in Japan and alternative hairstyles were way too expensive , so I thought, why not try this?

How long have you had locks?
3&1/2 years

What's your favorite hair product? Why?
Favorite product is definitely - Oyin's Greg juice. It's so easy on my scalp and always revives my hair. It keeps it smelling good too.

 What or Who inspired you to lock?
Inspiration- can't really say. But the young lady that represented Jamaica at the Ms.World Pageant with her flowing locks made me proud.

What do you like most about locks?
 I like the strength of my hair the most. I have and can do so much to it without it falling off.
From perm to locks is a beautiful and rewarding experience. Black women on a whole need to stop putting so much money in to the entrepreneurs of Koreans and other groups in the form of weaves and hair perms.
1. The process isn't necessarily healthy and
2. We need to start spending BLACK. Take that money and spend at a loctitians salon.
 I'll try to explain the steps to Monique's hairstyle.

Instructions
Monique's hair is in plaits.
A portion from the front was taken out to make her bang.
Then, the back portion was woven to the top of her head with some hair from the sides left out. The woven portion was folded over to make a partial bun. The remaining hair from the sides were woven around and over the semi-bun. The hair was held in place by pins. The front portion was used to make her bang.
If you would like to be featured as a Barbie or Ken, please email me at synethiae@gmail.com for more information.
Thank you for reading and remember to comment and subscribe to follow me.
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment