Friday, January 28, 2011

My hair routine

Today, I am very excited to try out the Burt's Bees line of Shampoo and Conditioner that I bought while on vacation over the Christmas holidays.

My Routine
Before Shampooing
First I gave my scalp a detox because it was a bit itchy. I used some apple cider vinegar and a few drops of peppermint and rosemary oil. Pour all the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake very well to combine. After, spray the mixture on the scalp and leave for about 5 minutes.

Shampoo
I shampooed my hair using Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo.
Shampoo benefits
This shampoo is 98.8% natural. This shampoo is sulfate-free and contains essential citrus oils blended with gentle plant-based cleansing complex to create a richly foaming shampoo. Betaine, made from sugar beets, penetrates to help repair damage for hair that feels healthier and looks shinier, naturally.

My Experience
I am very pleased with the product. Lathered very well and left my hair feeling soft.

After Shampooing
Hair Mask
I made this hair mask because some of my locks are breaking.  
Bet you didn't know that; bananas enhance the strength, endurance and shine of the hair. Just like a facial mask enhances the glow of your face immediately, a hair mask also improves your hair dramatically. Bananas are full of vitamins and is a number one ingredient for strengthening and volumizing the hair.

Recipe
1 ripe avocado, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 banana , 1 egg yolk.
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until creamy. Then, massage it in to your hair and especially your scalp. Cover it with a treatment/shower cap. Leave for 45 minutes to an hour then rinse your hair thoroughly and shampoo once to get rid of the smell.

Conditioning
I also used Burt's Bee Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Conditioner.
Conditioner Benefit
Like the shampoo, the conditioner contain essential natural oils from citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange and lemon. They are blended with sugar beet extract and penetrating marula oil which replenish, condition, soften and improve your hair's manageability.

My Experience
This conditioner is very creamy and left my hair extremely soft.

Post Conditioning
I made a homemade leave in conditioner and applied it to my hair.

Recipe
I mixed 1tablespoon jojoba oil, 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil, 10 drops rosemary oil. In spray bottle combine ingredients, add water not too much, shake well and spray on wet hair. This will leaves your hair silky and shiny.

Finally, I twisted my locks and left them to dry naturally.
What's your hair routine? If you are willing to share please send information at synethiae@gmail.com.
Happy Friday Barbies and Ken. Thank you for reading.
Syn

No comments:

Post a Comment